Saturday, January 19, 2013

Finals week has come to a close

Finals, projects, homework, papers, and deadlines!  A week filled with stress and self-doubt; self-doubt in my ability, self-doubt in the future.  In order to make it through this week I learned to take it one day  at a time.  Cup of coffee after cup of coffee.  Furthermore, knowing my colleagues/classmates/friends with me made all of THIS week attainable.  Filled with all-nighters, and sleeping for one hour before having to wake up in order to take a final or turn in a n assignment, I could not have done this week without them!  We were each other's cheerleaders, supporters.


Who needs a coffee house when I'm my own barista.  This espresso machine was definitely worth the money.  Yes, learning the ropes, especially by myself took some trial and error; but now, the persistence gives me lattes better than the all to popular "coffee on every corner."  The espresso machine was only $40, if I can recall correctly.  

Food truck from ChompChomop Nation.  My school scheduled some food trucks for the students so we would not have to worry about food during finals week.  One of the main attractions for me was the fact that this food truck aimed to mesh Singaporean food with American food.  The nostalgia  pulled me in; I visited Singapore a couple years ago, and I honestly can't wait until I have the opportunity to visit again.  The many cultures intertwined in this country kept me amazed.  I ordered the Sweet-Chili crab cake sandwich.  As a meal, it was quite delicious; however no resemblance to the real chili-crab meal Singapore is known for.  

Here's my classmate, Gisselle, and I studying are little heads off; our other friend, Paula took this pic and edited it  How are we still laughing at this time of morning, beats me.  All that matters is that we finished all our papers, homework, and studied in time for our class at 7:45am.

In the words of Fat Amy from the movie Pitch Perfect, "You all have fat hearts....and that's all that matters."  These are the crazy people I live my days with; we have each other's back and will be there for each other no matter what!  After finals, we all decided to have our belated Secret Santa exchange. It was a night full of laughs and memories




Some pictures for smiles


The end of a school term....the beginning of the last term!

No comments:

Post a Comment