Monday, January 21, 2013

No School No Worries

In my apartment, I have windows all around.  That means as soon as the beautiful sun shows its face to the world, so do I.   Last night, my roommate and I decided to have a movie night with the famous Dark Knight Rises.  I grew up watching all the Batman movies but for some reason, I hate to say it, but the older versions never really amazed me.  And what a surprise, I fell asleep!!!!  So as the sun rose, I heated up some breakfast, Oatmeal and coffee, got cozy on the couch and attempted the move again. 




The Coffee Bean and Teal Leaf Vanilla Powder makes the coffee....definitely pick it up; worth the $.

Oatmeal...helping to reduce cholesterol one bowl at a time.

I made it and definitely a great ending and the beginning of the Batman series I grew up watching (saturday morning cartoons).


Later on in the day, I went to do some errands.  I ran out of my foundation about a month ago and it took forever for Target to have my color in stock.  Instead, I reverted to using a cream foundation that was readily available.  The positive....the cream foundation did not cause my skin to break out and actually allowed my skin to heal from the pre-existing troubles.  The negatives....since I have an oily-to-combination skin type, this particular foundation by Maybeline eventually went patchy throughout the day.  the "staying power" was non-existent; as soon as I accidentally grazed my fingers over my face, the foundation was disrupted.
  • Finally, Target had the foundations I love in stock.  I like to use the Fit Me foundation in #230 by Maybeline mixed in with a little bit of the Revlon Color Stay in Natural Tan.  This combination set with the Ben Nye Banana Visage poudure creates a great finish that lasts all day for my skin type.  I use two because the Fit Me is too sheer and the Color Stay is too thick for an every day application if used individually.  Therefore, I mix mainly the Fit Me with a tad bit of the Col.or Stay.    for concealer, I use the Graftobian cream foundation.  This all creates a flawless finish.


 
I also took a stop at Sally's Beauty Supply. Originally, I've been contemplating redyeing my hair. However, I have not had my hair trimmed so it would be a waste of hair dye.  Instead, i ran into a sale for Seche Vite top coat, the amazing quick-dry, high-shine top coat.  To my surprise,, with the purchase of Seche Vite you get a free China Glaze nail polish.  Having just tried the nail polish in Re-Fresh Mint, I definitely give the brand China Glaze and the color a BIG thumbs up!  

I also visited Sephora, one of my favorite stores.  In a little, box there was an offer of a sample of Coralista blush and Sun Beam highlighter by Benefit for $12.  Now most people would probably say....RIP OFF!  Honestly, I've wanted to try these two for the longest time, but I have never justified paying the prices for each individual product.  Both are great products.  However, I could do without them.  Since I have very tanned skin, Coralista barely gives me color, more like a subtle glow. I much prefer very pigmented blushes where I need only a minuscule amount.  With this blush, I would need to add copious amounts; although very pretty once the color is attained to my liking.  Sun Beam is also beautiful on the skin.  However, I'm accustomed to powder highlighters.  this liquid/gel highlighter takes a tad bit more time and I definitely won't apply this if I'm in a rush.  Sun Beam provides a great highlight, but it's more of a subtle highlight.  It's beautiful, don't get me wrong; however, once this little bottle is finished I definitely will not be purchasing the full size. 


As the night comes to a draw, I'm going to play the lastest episode of Revenge and say GOOOOOOOD NIGHT!





<3

No comments:

Post a Comment